Thursday 9 July 2009

Study Days

I love study days when I don't have to utilise them as I should, but I have 5 days off including the weekend which is fab! I'm slobbing the day away watching episodes of House.

Next week I have an Obstetric Emergency run through- it's real time so I have to know the protocols inside out, and importantly know why I am doing something and not just how to do it.
We don't know exactly what we will get but I'm hoping for PPH as it's the most common and there will most likely be shoulder dystocia and pre/eclampsia. I thought it would be individual run throughs but it's in small groups of 3. I'm not sure if I would rather do it individually but I suppose we have to practice teamwork and delegation, and make sure there are people calling the docs, labs and porters and helping to do all the million things that need done at the one time. It should be fun as long as I'm clued up and able to function in the 'panic' whilst not panicking and not killing my 'patient'.

No comments:

Post a Comment