Thursday 16 July 2009

Holiday !!!

I am officially on Annual Leave for 2 weeks :D and I'm off on holiday on Sunday, I can't wait !!!

It's nice to have something to look forward to for a change, especially after the disaster that was the Obstetric Emergency drills- I got undiagonsed breech at a HOME BIRTH... totally didn't expect that one I said to my 'student' to fast page the obs team clearly forgot I wasn't actually in hospital (I was IRL lol).

I did deliver the breech, it was a Frank Breech so I had to wait ages on the legs coming down on the simulator, which kept stalling, my 'woman' was on all fours so the manouevers had to be adapted, I struggled with this although I have delivered a fair few babies in this position and I'm totally comfortable with it. I think it was just so unexpected that I was flapping too much to concentrate combined with the fact we have NEVER been taught these manouevers before.

We also had neonatal resus (again) and a PPH as I thought, neither went splendidly well and all of these were at the 'HOME BIRTH' which is fine apart from the fact that all the protocols we were given are for HOSPITAL!!!

One exam left and then it's placement for agessss. I only have 4 more weeks of uni over the next year and the rest is placement, I will miss the theory blocks- I wish we had more teaching and less self directed learning, I feel there is so much still to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment