Tuesday 26 May 2009

It's that time again...

The dreaded OSCE'S are back, except this time one of our topics is a little vague. When we asked exactly what we have to know about breastfeeding for the OSCE, the answer was EVERYTHING. Everything as in the anatomy and physiology? b/f support? Preterm infant feeding? the list could go on forever... we would like to have a little clue university people!

One of our stations should be fairly easy, examination of a placenta, hopefully as straighforward as it sounds.

The thing I really hate about OSCE's is that you learn it sequentially in your head, each step piece by piece and saying aloud what/why you are doing, and then the examiner says 'Oh, Just move on to bla bla bla' or some other thing that knocks you off track!
I hope I can improve my OSCE technique before med school, they are the only part I really won't look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment