Tuesday 26 May 2009

Introduction

Well this is my first ever blog so here goes... I'm currently studying a BSc(hons) in Midwifery, but it became apparent almost immediately that I always wanted to know more; more anatomy and physiology, more knowledge into the human body and disease process and to do more clinical skills, etc.
Midwifery is great, I love it, there is no disputing that, but all of the above can't be fulfilled with Midwifery alone, many things I want to learn and do are simply outwith the scope of Midwifery practice. So I'm going to become a Doctor. There is just one thing that stands in the way: getting into Medical School!

As I'm applying as a graduate I will have to achieve a minimum 2:1 in honours, so I'm staying on as a student (I will qualify as a midwife a year before I will graduate) and jumping through the many hoops that are required to achieve a place at Med School, such as the UKCAT and hopefully a few interviews. This is my Journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment