Saturday 17 October 2009

Pain

Following the horrendous discovery that my technophobe mother had deleted not one but TWO of my assignments last week, I'm over half way through (again) my Pain essay which has been really interesting. It's about the differences between acute and chronic pain and includes the physiological and psychosocial aspects of each.

I've loved learning about the physiology most, but the psychosocial and behavioural aspects are a massive part of my research.
I hope I never have something like chronic backpain, but working in NHS is like automatically signing up for it (despite manual handling tips and correctly following them). Assisting with breastfeeding kills my back, but that's never been taught in a manual handling course, it's always about lifting , which midwives rarely do as most women are mobile.

I just can't wait to get rid of these assignments !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment